Apple and Cinnamon Crepes - Serves 6
By melting the flora and adding to the mixture, you save time as you don’t then need to add flora to the pan every time you make a pancake. This works equally well with pears, banana, strawberries, raisins etc. The crème fraiche can be substituted with custard or thick yoghurt.A tip from
1. Mix the egg with the flour to a paste.
2. Add the milk very slowly. Use just enough so that the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
3. Stir in a pinch of salt and sugar and the melted flora. Combine thoroughly.
4. Fry them in heavy based pan until golden on each side, roughly 30 seconds.
5. Serve immediately or leave them to cool, each one separated from the other by greaseproof paper.
1. Melt the flora in a hot pan adding the cinnamon and sugar and allow to infuse or about a minute before adding the apples.
2. Cook for about 4-5 minutes just so as they start to break down. Remove from the heat.
3. Lay the crepes out altogether and divide the apple mixture evenly between them.
4. Now divide the crème fraiche also evenly on top of this.
5. Fold the right and left hand sides of each crepe to square off the edges then roll up from the open end near to you to the top.
6. Lay side by side in a dish and sprinkle with caster sugar and glaze under the grill.