Petit Coffee Chocolate Choux - Serves 8
1. Preheat oven to 210˚C/Fan190˚C/Gas 7. Prepare a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Pour the water into a large saucepan and add the butter and sugar. Turn up the heat and the second that the butter has melted, turn down the heat and add the flour all at once, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. When the flour is amalgamated, (roughly 2 minutes), and the paste is smooth, remove from the heat.
3. With the pan off the heat, continue to stir for about 3-5 minutes or until the paste is just warm.
4. Add the eggs gradually, beating after each addition until well incorporated before adding the next.
5. Place the mixture in a piping bag and pipe onto the prepared baking tray, spaced about 5cm apart to allow for spreading.
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 190˚C/ 170˚C fan/Gas 5 for 10-12 depending on the size, until they have risen and are golden brown. Make a slit in each bun and allow to cool on a wire tray.
7. Place the Carte D’Or Macadamia Night ice cream mixed in a piping bag, warm slightly with your hands and pipe the ice cream into each bun.
8. Dip the buns in melted chocolate and a dash of Kirsh and dust with the coffee granules. Top with a sprig of Mint.