Crispy Cod Fish Cakes, Chilli Jam Crème Fraiche - Serves 4 Cakes
Cook the potatoes in their skins and only just cook them as they will absorb too much moisture and the cakes will not hold together. If you have overcooked them you can place them into a warm oven to dry them out before use. Frying in oil and flora as the oil will prevent the burning during cooking. This recipe works equally well with salmon. Fish cakes can be also coated with egg and bread crumb for a really crispy crumb.A tip from
1. Combine the milk with the flora, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
2. Bring this to the simmer and cook the potatoes in it until just cooked. Remove both the potatoes and garlic and allow them to cool before mashing together.
3. Meanwhile the celeriac is cooked in the same milk as the mashed with the potato.
4. Finally poach the fish in the same milk until cooked.
5. Flake the fish into the potato and celeriac.
6. Divide the mixture into caked and pat flat each side.
7. These can now be cooked in a a hot pan with flora and a little vegetable oil until golden on each side.
8. Combine the crème fraiche with the chilli dipping sauce and serve with the cakes.