Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 375 g Blueberries
- 125 g Granulated sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg white from the pastry below
- Granulated sugar to glaze
- Pre heated oven 190°c gas 5.
- Use half of the pastry mix below rolled to line the base of the pie dish.
- Mix the berries, sugar and lemon juice together.
- Place these into the middle of the lined pie dish.
- Roll the second piece of pastry out and place on top, seal the edges and trim off excess pastry.
- Whisk the egg white up until frothy than brush evenly over the pastry top.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of sugar over the top.
- Pierce the top a few times with a knife to allow the steam to escape.
- Bake for 35 minutes until golden brown.
A Tip From Jean-Christophe
A Tip From
This is wonderful tart to make in August when the berries are full of flavour. Fortunately they are available frozen if you are out of season. Taste the berries before you cook them as if they are too sweet you will need to reduce the sugar you add. Serve with a fresh vanilla custard or minter crème fraiche.