NOVELLI ACADEMY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to submit your enrolment form to order a place on the course specified.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
1. Information About Us
www.jeanchristophenovelli.com is a site operated by Novelli Associates Limited (we, us, our or as the context requires). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 05216195 and with our registered office and main trading address at Crouchmoor Farm, Tea Green, Hertfordshire, LU2 8PS. Our VAT number is GB847672387.
2. Your Status
By placing an order to attend a course through our site, you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts and are at least 18 years old. You must notify us at the time of placing an order to attend a course if you intend to write a review of the course for commercial dissemination.
3. How The Contract Is Formed Between You & Us
After we receive your enrolment form, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to purchase our services. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that you have successfully been enrolled on the course specified (Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you that Confirmation. If no place is available on the course specified we will contact you to discuss an alternative date. We reserve the right to refuse any order. In the event of your ordering a gift voucher, the confirmation will request further information about the recipient of the voucher. Once the confirmation has been sent to you, you are obliged to provide us with the requested information.
4. Consumer Rights
- If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a contract at any time within 7 working days, beginning on the day after we send you the confirmation, if a justifiable reason is given and proof provided, in which case you will receive a full refund of any fees paid by you, a small administration charge might be applied.
- If a Contract is entered into between us at a date that is less than 7 working days before the date of the course in question, you agree that the services can be provided before the end of the 7 day cancellation period and that your right to cancel the Contract will cease on the commencement of the course.
- In order to cancel the Contract you may (subject to clause 6 hereof):
- hand deliver or send by post a letter to Crouchmoor Farm, Tea Green, Hertfordshire, LU2 8PS; or
- send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You agree that the services that are the subject of a Contract may be provided more than 30 days after the date of our receipt of your enrolment form.
- Gift vouchers are not transferable and may only be used in payment or part payment of a course. No cash refunds will be made.
5. Fees & Payment
- The fees for the course are as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. The fees quoted include VAT.
- Unless you are paying by pre-purchased vouchers, payment must be made by credit or debit card. We will not charge your credit or debit card until we send you the Confirmation. If your credit or debit card does not remit the full sum requested to us at the first time attempt we may cancel the Contract immediately by sending you an e-mail. Pre-purchased vouchers must be used within the period for which they were purchased.
6. Our Cancellations & Refunds Policy
- If you validly cancel a Contract in accordance with paragraph 4, the following shall apply:
- Valid cancellation notice received more than 60 days before the course: full refund less an administration fee of £50.
- between 30 and 60 days before the course: 50% refund including a £50 administration charge.
- 30 days or less before the course: no refund.
- You are advised as the customer to take out insurance against any purchase to cover any scenarios that cannot be controlled by the customer i.e. a course postponement, accommodation bookings, travel arrangements or weather conditions.
- If a course does not reach the required minimum number then the course will be postponed and up to two weeks’ notice where possible will be given in writing.
- At the time of postponement available alternative dates will be communicated via email. If the alternative dates are not suitable then we ask the customer to review the website course calendar for the next available and suitable course date to attend for the same value of their original booking and to notify the administrator who notified you of your postponed course, then a rebooking will then be processed.
- A 9 month honoured time frame will be given to rebook your course unless you have a voucher with a longer validation.
- If on the very rare occasion your course is postponed for a second time (or more) a complimentary offer will be available. If your course value was for £995 we will offer for you to bring a guest along free of charge. If your course value was for £695 we will offer one night’s free accommodation at a local 4* hotel for a twin or double room including Breakfast. If your course value was for £495 or below we will offer for you to bring a friend along free of charge. All bookings are non-refundable with the exception of cases under paragraph 6.1.
- We will not take liability and offer refunds or upgrades for any postponement that is out of our control ” Force Majeure” ie. Flood, Drought, Earthquake and other National disasters, Epidemic or Pandemic, Terrorist attack, Civil War, Collapse of Buildings, Fire, Explosion or Accident and Interruption or failure of utility service.
7. Your Obligations
- You are responsible for ensuring that the details you submit on the enrolment form are correct and up to date. In particular you must inform us of any food allergies or dietary requirements. You must notify us of changes to your details.
- Your right to remain on the course premises is subject to your compliance with all instructions given to you by us, your compliance with health and safety requirements, a reasonable standard of cleanliness (in light of the fact that you will be handling food) and appropriate standards of behaviour. If the course premises is Crouchmoor Farm you acknowledge that Crouchmoor Farm is a private residence and that you will not be entitled to access certain parts of the Farm and should not do so. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the course premises or to have you removed if you act in breach of this paragraph.
- You shall compensate us against any damage you may cause to the course premises (fair wear and tear excepted), for any claims we may suffer from another course participant if any claim is caused by your breach of paragraph 7.2 and for any items that you may remove without our consent.
8. Our Liability
- We will provide the course that is the subject of a Contract with reasonable skill and care.
- While we will endeavour to provide our services in all material respects in accordance with our promotional materials we reserve the right to make variation to the dishes, menus, ingredients, chefs and activities advertised; sometimes at short notice. We further reserve the right to vary the location of the course if Crouchmoor Farm is unavailable for any reason or not suitable for a particular course. You will be notified if this is the case. If for any reason a change in location means that you are unable to attend the course in question we will use reasonable endeavours to accommodate you on an alternative date.
- Our liability in connection with each Contract is limited to the fees paid by you for the course in question. We accept no liability for any other loss whether direct or indirect including but not limited to loss of income or revenue, loss of profits or contracts, or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage that you may suffer as a result of our breach of contract or negligence, even if foreseeable.
- Paragraph 8.3 does not exclude or limit in anyway our liability:
- for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
9. Written Communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our site. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All notices given by you to us must be given to Novelli Associates Limited at Crouchmoor Farm, Tea Green, Hertfordshire, LU2 8PS or email@example.com. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order. Except in the case of any notice you might give to us under paragraph 4 or that we may send you under paragraph 5.2 which shall be deemed received by you on the day it was sent, any notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or 3 days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
11. Transfer of Rights & Obligations
- The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent, save in the case of the purchase by You or a gift voucher.
12. Statutory Rights
Nothing in these terms and conditions affects or limits your statutory rights.
13. Data Protection
You should send any complaint you have regarding the course to Crouchmoor Farm, Tea Green, Hertfordshire, LU2 8PS or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
15. Attributions & Filming
- If you send us a letter or other communication regarding your enjoyment of the day please notify us if you do not wish it to be used on our website or in other promotional materials that we may prepare to advertise and promote our courses and other services. If you do not so notify us you grant us a licence to use such letter or communication (or part of the same) on our website or in other promotional materials and to identify you as the source.
- We may from time to time take photographs or film the course for use as promotional material (including on our website). By attending the course you consent to our taking such photographs and/or making such film, and you further irrevocably consent to our using such photographs or film free of charge for promotional purposes in our promotional materials from time to time without the need to seek further approval or consent. You acknowledge that you have no proprietary rights in any such materials.
16. Entire Agreement
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
17. Law & Jurisdiction
Any Contract between us will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contract shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.