Chocolate & Coffee Madeleines - Serves Makes 18
If you don't want chocolate or coffee flavour then add grated lemon and orange zest instead to a plain mix.A tip from
1. Pre-heat oven 200°c.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar.
3. Add the melted flora to the flour and sugar.
4. Add the almonds, egg, coffee grains and vanilla.
5. Mix thoroughly.
6. Cover with film and rest in the fridge for at least 1 hr.
7. Grease the mould well with melted flora.
8. ¾ fill the moulds pressing a few flaked almonds into it.
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 10 -15 minutes until the mix is golden and well risen. Allow to cool before turning out.
10. Dredge with icing sugar.