Rocher - Serves 4
If wished, replace the ground almonds with the same quantity of desiccated coconut.A tip from
Light and fluffy pillows of meringue with a crispy outside and a soft marshmallow inside.
1. Preheat the oven to 140°C/Fan 120°C/Gas 1.
2. Using an electric whisk, beat together the egg whites and salt until they form stiff peaks. Carefully fold in the caster sugar and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Line a baking tray with baking parchment, using a little oil underneath to keep the paper in place.
4. Gradually fold in the icing sugar and the almonds.
5. Using 2 teaspoons, one to pick up the meringue, the other one to scrape it off the first spoon, drop small amounts on the prepared baking tray. Sift over a little cocoa powder.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 10–15 minutes or until crisp on the outside and soft in the middle.
7. Allow to cool on the tray. When cold, store in an airtight tin.
This recipe is taken from Jean-Christophe's 'Everyday Novelli' book.