Spiced Mixed Berries with Yogurt - Serves 3-4
If the above fruits are not in season, use frozen fruits, thawed,which will have just as much vitamin C as fresh.A tip from
I make this a lot when the soft summer fruits are in season. I am lucky enough to be able to pick them from my own garden. The spices bring this dish to life and if you leave it to mellow overnight the flavours are even more enhanced. It is a fantastic medley of fruits and yogurt blended together.
1. Preheat a large, heavy-based pan until very hot. In the dry pan, pan-fry the star anise and cinnamon for 2–3 minutes to release the aromas, then add the fruits and vanilla, and cook, shaking the pan, for another 3 minutes.
2. Add the honey and allow to melt, undisturbed, for 2 minutes or until the fruit is coated in the syrup.
3. Add the water and a splash of lemon juice to taste. Allow to cook, undisturbed, for 1 more minute to infuse.
4. Remove from the heat, turn into a glass or ceramic dish, and leave overnight in the fridge to chill.
5. Remove the vanilla pod. Serve chilled with a dollop of yogurt and a sprig of mint.