Honey Roast Pumpkin Soup - Serves 6-8
Butternut squash can be used as a substitute or even baby carrots.A tip from
This is one of my favourite soups. It is filling and tasty and best served with slices of warm crusty French bread.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4.
2. Coat the pumpkin with the honey in a roasting tray and bake in the preheated oven for 10–12 minutes, which will soften and caramelise it.
3. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onions, bay leaves, thyme and vinegar.Sweat gently for about 5–6 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
4. Add the pumpkin to the onions, together with the stock, and heat until almost at boiling point. Simmer steadily for about 20 minutes.
5. Remove and discard the bay leaves, and stir in the cream. Bring to the boil.
6. Once the soup has boiled, remove it from the heat and blitz in a blender or food processor. Pass through a sieve or strainer, and adjust the seasoning.
7. To serve, reheat in a clean pan. Ladle into bowls, sprinkle each with the cheese and top with a dollop of crème fraîche.
This recipe is taken from Jean-Christophe's 'Everyday Novelli' book.