Smoked Haddock & Asparagus Chowder - Serves 4
The fish stock can be substituted for a light chicken or vegetable stock. The haddock can be replaced with salmon or and addition of fresh mussels added at the last couple of minutes.A tip from
1. Place the half of the milk into a pan and add the haddock, bring to the simmer then turn off the heat and allow to cool.
2. Then drain from the milk and flake into chunks.
3. Melt the Flora in a large saucepan over a gentle heat.
4. Add the chopped onion, celery and potato and sweat out for 8-10 minutes, until softened.
5. Add the flavoured milk form the poached haddock and the stock onto the vegetables.
6. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and starting to break up.
7. Add the asparagus and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
8. Take a spoon and gently break up some of the potato allowing it to thicken the soup.
9. Add the flaked fish and stir the parsley.
10. And ladle into warm bowls and serve.