“Rapido” Mussels with Fragrant Thai Paste - Serves 2-3
Serve with a couple of straws to “suck up” the sauce.A tip from
This wonderful recipe use my Et Voila! Fragrant Thai Paste and my favourite, Maman Novelli Sauce.
1. Clean the clams/mussels washing them in running water; scrape the shell of any incrustations and pull off the “feathery” bit. Wash them and then lift the mussels out of the water and place in another bowl of clean water, repeat a couple of times
2. Warm the Maman Novelli Sauce in a large pan, add the stock, madras powder and bring to the boil.
3. Add the shellfish to the pot and cook on a high heat until the shells open (usually 1.5-5 minutes) mixing occasionally with the lid on.
4. Remove the shellfish and keep warm.
5. Add the Fragrant Thai Paste and coconut milk to the remaining sauce and bring to the boil, adjust the seasoning.
6. Remove from the heat, add the herbs and shellfish, mix and leave to infuse for at least 3 minutes before serving