Crispy Ham and Cheese Pork Chop Cappuccio - Serves 4
Choose Beaufort if you want a stronger flavour cheese.A tip from
A nice and original way to cook pork, try to use organic, or you could substitute it with veal, smoked ham or smoked salmon. The idea is similar to the old favourite ‘cordon bleu’. It can be served simply with a mixed salad or even with a fried quail egg.
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/Fan 150°C/Gas 3.
2. With a sharp knife, remove the bone from the pork chop. Lay the chop between two doubled sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until even in thickness.
3. Season on both sides. Place the cheese and ham slices on top.
4. Make the egg wash by beating together the ingredients. Coat the pork with seasoned flour, then the egg wash and finally the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the butter in a frying pan and seal the meat on both sides. Squeeze over the lemon juice and transfer to a baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
6. Using the pan that the pork has been fried in, make the sauce by stirring in the tomato purée, capers, vinegar and wine. Add the cream, seasoning and a touch of sugar and warm through.
7. Garnish with the chervil and serve with new potatoes and salad or vegetables.