Pea & Mint Soup - Serves 4-6
Always blend the mint and garlic at the last moment to get the maximum flavours and aroma. This method works equally well the spinach, broccoli, broad beans etc.A tip from
1. Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion and shallot and sweat gently until soft but not coloured.
2. Add the peas and the stock and bring quickly to the boil. Cook until the peas are slightly soft to the touch (about 1 minute).
3. Place the mix into a blender adding the garlic, salt and pepper, sugar and the mint.
4. Blend until totally smooth or pass through a fine sieve if the soup is too coarse.
5. This can be served with a variety of garnishes from sautéed mushrooms, lardoons of smoked pancetta.