Roast Chicken with Sage, Lemon Grass & Ginger - Serves 4
If you don't like lemon grass or ginger then substitute it with sage and onion stuffing. Lemons or orange. The addition of the flora in the mixture help the basting of the bird when cooked.A tip from
Roast chicken with a twist. This is a delicious alternative for your Christmas dinner.
1. Crush the lemon grass and chop roughly along with the sage and ginger. Combine these together with a flora, honey and seasoning.
2. Carefully using your fingers to create a cavety between the skin and breast meat. Then push this mixture into the space with your fingers.
3. Reshape the breast and brush with melted flora and season again.
4. Place into a hot pre heated oven at 190°c for about 1½ hours.
5. Then remove from the oven and allow to rest before using.
6. Form the roasting tray you can make a wonderful gravy from the basting juices that come from the bird and marinade.
7. Serve these with my Provençale roast potatoes or even a plain boiled rice and salad.