Walnut & Maple Syrup Steamed Sponge Pudding - Serves 6
This can be made with golden syrup instead of maple syrup. The walnuts can be omitted totally for anybody with allergies.A tip from
Need a alternative to Christmas pudding? This recipe is guaranteed to please.
1. Beat the flora with 100g sugar until creamed up and fluffy.
2. Gradually incorporate the egg yolks.
3. Add the flour in stages.
4. Whip the egg whites with 50g sugar to a stiff peak.
5. Mix the walnuts and syrup and divide between the base of the basins.
6. Whip the whites up to a stiff peak and fold into the mixture.
7. Divide this between the basins.
8. Cover with a lightly greased foil top and place into a steamer for approximately 40 minutes.
9. Serve with crème fraîche with a little maple syrup and dusted cocoa powder marbled in.